Volunteering & Work Experience
People with an interest in local history, wishing to increase their skills in museum work, or wanting to increase their social network may like to consider volunteering at the Museum.
Work experience placements for suitable students are also available.
Volunteers are needed to staff the museum. These positions may involve:
- Providing customer service to the general public
- Cataloguing, numbering, and housing artefacts
- Photographing artefacts for the collections database
- Giving guided tours to school and community groups
- Conducting research and oral history interviews
- Exhibition development
- Data entry
- Assisting with special events
To apply for a volunteer position please complete an application at our page, Become a Volunteer.