As a member of the library you will have access to borrow a wide variety of digital equipment.
- e-Readers & tablets.
- Cameras and accessories.
- Turntables & cassette encoders.
- GPS navigation units.
- Droids & robotics.
- Photo scanners.
Some of the BorrowTech equipment you will be able to take home to use, while others will be available for loan within the library.
What are the loan conditions for BorrowTech equipment?
Loan periods for the equipment will vary from 2 hours to 2 weeks depending on the equipment type.
- No reservations or renewals.
- You must be an adult 18 years of age or older with a valid library card (with no fines or charges).
- You must sign the ‘equipment loan agreement’.
- Equipment must be returned to the same location you borrowed it from.
- Equipment must be returned and handed directly to a staff member for checking.
- If the equipment is not returned, your account will be blocked and you will be charged all applicable late, billing, processing and replacement fees (up to $700).
- Limit of 1 item per card, per household.
What else do I need to know?
- While all care is taken, the Council & its Libraries accept no responsibility for any virus infection, loss of data, or damage to users' equipment, appliances or data.
- Council & its Libraries are not responsible for the consequences of technology use for any action which is illegal, offensive, abusive, which results in personal financial commitments, or which infringes Australian law or the Library's Technology Conditions of Use.
- You are personally responsible for complying with all applicable international and federal laws governing copyright materials.
- Full replacement cost is charged for lost or damaged equipment. If you fail to return the equipment, Council will proceed with the necessary legal steps to retrieve the equipment or full replacement cost of the item.
- You will not tamper with the hardware or existing software.
We are in the process of preparing all the equipment. It will be available for loan in the coming months.